Flags a license as inactive–meaning that the license will be considered unused. Use this API call when you want to inactivate, cancel, or invalidate a license activation code. For example, if you refund a customer’s software package, you may want to also inactivate their license code to prevent them from using it to activate any products!
NOTE: this call is not for use to deactivate a single machine. Use the deactivate call for that purpose.
- code = (string) the license activation code to inactivate.
- send = (any value) If send is specified, the developer “Inactivation Notice” template is sent to end user’s email address upon successful license inactivation. Requirements: your developer email settings and template must be configured in the License Developer Panel under Account > Email Settings.
To give you a better idea of what is going on, inactivate performs the following actions:
- [optional] Sends an email to the end user notifying them of license inactivation.
- Sets the license’s maximum machine IDs back to default 1.
- Removes all machines associated with license.
- Regenerates the license code and alias.
- Sets the email string to ’0′.
Quick PHP Example
$params = array( 'call' => 'inactivate', 'sig' => YOUR_API_SIGNATURE, 'code' => 'XLS-334A-86AF0', 'send' => true ); $result = LicenseAPI($params);
Successful Return String
inactivate returns the newly generated license code. So that your company can have this new code readily available to use for new customers, you may want to save this unused license code on your application’s shopping cart server. Example return string:
Unsuccessful Return Strings
- F = Failed to inactivate the license. Check that you are using your API signature or that a valid email was supplied.